Jolly Gel is a swimming pool flocculent that removes phosphate from pool water and can improve water clarity within a few hours. Jolly Gel is also suitable for use with sand, zeolite filter media and glass media.
To use Jolly Gel, add one cube in the pump basket, not the skimmer basket. Leave the filter running until the water clear which is usually within 24hr, then backwash and rinse. Maintain pH between 7.2 - 7.6 and alkalinity between 80-200mg/l.
Jolly Gel will continue to work for up to 3 weeks with each cube treating from 20 cubic metres (4400 gallons) up to 60 cubic metre (12500 gallons)
Important Note - Do NOT place chlorine tablets near the cube.
Jolly Gel Flocculent For Swimming Pools
Jolly Gel was formulated in 1992 and was intended for use in pools with Zeoclere filter media in pressure filters. The reason Jolly Gel was manufactured was because at the time, current swimming pool flocculents interfered with the ion exchange capacity of Zeoclere media. It was later used in pools with sand filter and glass media, it was then found that Jolly Gel made a difference to maintenance time compared to liquid pool flocculents.
Jolly Gels unique formulation removes minuscule particle of duct and algae spores from pool water and creates no cloudiness or residual dust in the water. It can work for up to 3 weeks and reduces chlorine consumption.
How to Use Jolly Gel
· Firstly make sure you have tested your pool water and parameters are as follows, pH between 7.2 & 7.6 with alkalinity between 80-200mg/l.
· Place the Jolly Gel cube into the pump strainer basket, not the skimmer basket
· Leave pool on filtration until clear which is usually around 24 hours, but a minimum or 12 hours
· The gel will slowly dissolve as water passed over it on the way to the filter. Jolly Gel creates a porous membrane across the filter media that can penetrate down to 6 inches. The glutinous membrane will remove the algae spores & fine particles.
· Backwash the Filter & Rinse.